6. 'Conduct is the supreme religion.(Manusmriti 01/108)
Meaning-Conduct is the ultimate religion.
7. Do not go to the truth, do not go to the darkness, do not go to the light.(Brihadaranyaka-1.3.28)
Meaning-Take me from untruth to truth, take me from darkness to light.
8. ''Ishavasyamidam sarvam'(Ishavasyopanisad-mantra 1)
Meaning-God is pervaded in every particle of the whole world.
9. Arise, awake, and receive the boons(Kathopanishad)
Meaning-O man! Get up, wake up and find the best great men and know the Supreme God through them.
10. How is it that the sweet ones are not adorned with figures?(Abhijnana Shakuntala 1/20)
Meaning-What object is not an ornament for beautiful figures.
11. That which attains newness every moment is the form of beauty.(Shishupalavadham 4/17)
Meaning-The one who embraces newness every moment is the form of beauty.
12. Mother and birthplace are more precious than heaven.
Meaning-Mother is greater than motherland and heaven.
13. Let us live autumn: a hundred.(Yajurveda 36/24)
Meaning-May we be able to see and live for a hundred years.
14. Let not the light go out of darkness.(Brihadaranyaka 1.3.28)
Meaning-Lead from darkness to light and from death to nectar.
15. For the age of the brilliant is not considered.(Raghuvansham 11/1)
Meaning-The age of bright men is not seen.
16. The long thread is destroyed.(Mahabharata Shantiparva 137/1)
Meaning-Unnecessary delay in every work destroys.
17. Age is not considered in the elders of religion.(Kumarasambhavam– 5/16)
Meaning-Young people are also respected because of penance.
18. A man should not be satisfied with money.(Kathopanishad 1/1/27)
Meaning-Man can never be satisfied with money.
19. Atheist is a blasphemer of the Vedas.(Manusmriti 2/11)
Meaning-The one who criticizes the Vedas is an atheist.
20. There is no teacher like a mother.(Mahabharata discipline festival)
Meaning-Bhishma says – There is no teacher like mother.
21. There is no knowledge equal to the eye.(Mahabharata Shantiparva)
meaning-There is no eye like Brahmavidya in the world.
22. The glories of the virtuous for the benefit of others.(moral code)
Meaning-Vibhuti (wealth) of gentlemen is for charity.
23. For the term is everywhere invested with virtues.(Raghuvansham– 3/62)
Meaning-It is the virtues that establish the feet in enemies and friends everywhere.
24. It is not started by the lowly for fear of obstacles.(Mudrarakshasa/Nitishataka 2/7)
Meaning-Down below people do not start work due to the fear of obstacles.
25. Do not covet anyone's wealth(Ishavasyopanisad)
Meaning-'Don't covet anyone's money.'
26. Let no one share in suffering
Meaning-No one should be sad.
27. Therefore one should worship his mother and father with all his efforts.
Meaning-One should serve the parents well.
28. Where women are worshipped, there the gods enjoy(Manusmriti)
Meaning-Manu says – In a family where women are respected, the deities are pleased with that family.
29. Yoga: Skill in actions(Gita 2/50)
Meaning-Yoga in the form of equanimity is skill in actions, that is, the way to get rid of the bondage of karma.
30. Greed is the cause of sin
Meaning-(Greed) Greed is the cause of sin.
31. Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam
Meaning-The whole earth is one family.
32. The ornament of speech is the ornament.(Ethics Century)
Meaning-The ornament in the form of speech always remains, never perishes.
33. Animal without knowledge(Ethics Century)
Meaning-A man without education is like an animal.
34. Silence is the ornament of the ignorant(Ethics Century)
Meaning-The silence of fools is a decoration for them.
35. The body is the first means of righteousness(Kumarasambhavam 5.33)
Meaning-Brahmachari accepted the worship done according to the scriptures and said to Parvati - 'The body is the main instrument of religion.'
36. A cheater should practice cheating.(Ethics Century)
Meaning-Shath (cunning) should be treated with cunning.
37. Character is the greatest ornament.(Ethics Century)
Meaning-This modesty is a very heavy ornament.
38. Suddenly gives no action.(Kiratarjuniyam)
Meaning-In order to pacify Bhima, distraught with anger towards the enemies, Yudhishthira said – the work should not be started suddenly without discussion.
39. May the great hearing of Saraswati be glorified(Abhijnana Shakuntala)
Meaning-The speech of knowledgeable poets should be fully respected.
40. Mr. resides in courage.(Mrichchakatikam Adk 4)
Meaning-What is the statement of Sharvilak? Lakshmi resides in courage.
41. Nature is difficult to transgress(Valmiki Ramayana 6.36.1.)
Meaning-After listening to the beneficial things said by Malyavan, angry Ravana said - ' Nature is rare for anyone.
42. All virtues depend on gold.(moral code)
Meaning-All the virtues remain in gold only.
43. The unsolicited favorable will reveal the passion.(Novel/Chandrapidkatha)
Meaning-Cupid, who becomes friendly towards me without prayer, will soon reveal it. This is what Chandrapid says about the reasons for Kadambari's affection.
44. There are no evils in the world for those who have no sons.(Novel/Chandrapidkatha)
Meaning-Those couples who don't get a son, they don't get auspicious.
45. Where is happiness for the unsettled?(Srimad Bhagavad Gita– 2/26)
Meaning-How can a person without peace get happiness?
46. Laziness is the greatest enemy in the body of man.(Ethics Century)
Meaning-Laziness is the worst enemy of a man living in his body.
47. I am free from worry about this and you now.(Abhijnana Shakuntala)
Meaning-Kanva says - Now I am relaxed about this Vanjyotsna and you.
48. Unsuitable ornaments.(Abhijnana Shakuntala Volume 4)
Meaning-While making Shakuntala wear ornaments, both the friends say, 'We both are ignorant of the use of ornaments', so they wear ornaments after seeing the picture.
49. 'Excessive affection: Papashanki.'(Abhijnana Shakuntala Volume-4)
Meaning-Excessive love creates fear of sin.
50. 'Exaggeration: Suspect:.'(Mudrarakshas Adak-1)
Meaning-To be highly respected is to be envied.
51. 'Non-Aryan: Pardar Vyapar:'.(Abhijnana Shakuntala Volume-7)
Meaning-It is rude to talk about another woman.
52. Inviolable: Virtue:(Venisamhar Adk-5)
Meaning-Morality should not be violated.
53. 'For the law is inviolable.(Swapnavasavadatm)
Meaning-Luck cannot be violated.
54. The command is to be considered by the teachers.(Raghuvansham 14/46)
Meaning-The orders of the elders are not worth considering.
55. The wind served the cleansed of conduct.(Raghuvansham 02/13)
Meaning-The winds irrigated with the particles of the springs were engaged in the service of the holy king Dilip with pickles.
56. For simplicity is not a policy in the crooked.(Naishadhiyacharitam)
Meaning-Simplicity is not the policy towards crooked people.
57. Find me lustfully happy.(Raghuvansham 02/63)
Meaning-Nandini said to the cow king - I am happy, ask for a boon! Don't just think of me as a cow that gives milk, but consider me as the fulfiller of desires when you are happy.
58. That it is an insurmountable destiny.(Novel/Chandrapidkatha)
Meaning-Destiny is transcendental, meaning that happening cannot be avoided.
59. My heart desires to see you, who are biased for no reason.(Novel/Chandrapidkatha)
Meaning-Keyurak gives the message of Mahashveta to Chandrapid and says that my affection towards you is selfless, yet I am eager to meet you.
60. Oh, the partiality of the Creator towards human beings.(Novel/Chandrapidkatha)
Meaning-Seeing the beauty of Patralekha, Kadambari says that Brahma has shown partiality towards Patralekha and has given her more beauty than the Gandharvas.
61. The creepers shed their white leaves like tears(Abhijnana Shakuntala 4/12)
Meaning-At the time of Shakuntala's visit to her husband's house, the animals and birds and trees in the ashram are also suffering from separation. Yellow leaves are falling off the vines as if they are shedding tears.
62. An elephant is caught in the alley and a horse is caught in the valleys. A woman is taken in the heart if this is not there go away(Mrichchakatikam 01/50)
Meaning-The hand is stopped by the pillar. A horse is stopped by the reins, a woman is tamed only by loving from the heart, if it is not so, then measure your path straight.
63. Festival-loving: indeed: human beings:(Abhijnan Shakuntala Adk-6)
Meaning-Human beings love festivals.
64. The same taste is compassionate because of the difference in cause.(Uttar Ramacharitam)
Meaning-Different from the difference of reason, different results are achieved by one compassionate juice.
65. The water-end should be followed by a greasy people.(Abhijnana Shakuntala)
Meaning-Shardgarv says - God! One should follow the dear person till the edge of the water, such is the Shruti.
66. For a rich kingdom is called the position of Indra.(Raghuvansham verse 2/50)
Meaning-A prosperous state is like heaven in the position of Indra.
67. Who waters the new garland with warm water?(Abhijnana Shakuntala Volume-4)
Meaning-Priyamvada says who would want to irrigate Navamalika with hot water.
68. Policies initiated in time bear fruit.(Raghuvansham 12/69)
Meaning-Policies started on time are successful.
69. A: Who can protect at the time of death?(Swapnavasavadattam)
Meaning-Who can protect whom when death is near.
70. The sound of the Kshatriyas is heard in the worlds.(Raghuvansham 2/53)
Meaning-Even Yamraj is not able to attack me due to the influence of Maharishi Vashishtha, then what to say about worldly violent animals?
71. Gariyashi Guru: Command.(Novel/Chandrapidkatha)
Meaning-The orders of the teachers (elders) are great, so every human being should obey them.
72. Even the Guru helps the bond of separation, suffering and hope.(Abhijnana Shakuntala 4/16)
Meaning-Anasuya tells Shakuntala – The bond of hope makes one bear even the severe sorrow of separation.
73. A virtuous girl is to be represented.(Abhijnana Shakuntala)
Meaning-A bride should be given to a virtuous (well-qualified) person. This is the main consideration of the parents.
74. He stood like the beginning of a picture.(Raghuvansham– 2/31)
Meaning-It has become like the one engaged in the industry of extracting the arrows written in the picture.
75. The row of fortunes goes like a row of wheels.(Swapnavasavadattam)
meaning-The fate line moves like the spokes of a wheel in a changing world with the passage of time.
76. Even a rich man without character is miserable.(Mrichchakatikam 1/43)
Meaning-Even the rich without character attains misery.
77. The king followed her like a shadow.(Raghuvansh-2/6)
Meaning-King Dilip followed Nandini like a shadow.
78. Friendship is like a shadow to the wicked and the good.(Ethics Century)
Meaning-The friendship of the wicked and the gentlemen is like a shadow.
79. Holy water and fire deserve no other purification.(Uttar Ramacharitam 1/13)
Meaning-Pilgrims are not eligible for purification by water and fire and other substances.
80. Suffering is the protection of trust.(Swapnavasavadattam 1/10)
Meaning-Protecting someone's trust or heritage is painful (dushkar).
81. Who should be prayed to in the suffering ascetic?(Abhijnana Shakuntala Volume-4)
Meaning-Whom to pray among the ascetics who are suffering.
82. Evening as in the middle of day and night.(Raghuvansham 2/20)
Meaning-That Nandini was adorned like the evening between day and night.
83. The ignorant prove destiny.(Mudrarakshas Adk-3)
Meaning-Foolish people consider luck as the proof.
84. For the saints are rich in patience.(Novel/Chandrapidkatha)
Meaning-The patience of gentlemen is wealth.
85. Even with the smoke-filled eyes of the sacrificer, the sacrifice fell into the fire.(Abhijnana Shakuntala Volume-4)
Meaning-Fortunately, the host who was disturbed by the smoke also got sacrificed right in the fire.
86. There is no name for the wise.(Abhijnana Shakuntala Volume-4)
Meaning-Shardgarv says – nothing is really unknown to the scholars.
86. For false well-wishers do not wish to speak pleasant things.(Kiratarjuniyam 1/2)
Meaning-People who want welfare do not wish to speak falsely dear words.
87. For not everyone knows everything.(Mudrarakshas Adak-1)
Meaning-Not everyone knows everything.
88. The four seas became milky, and he protected the earth in the form of a cow.(Raghuvansham– 2/3)
Meaning-King Dilip protected the cow Nandini with four udders like the ocean in such a way that the earth itself with four oceans like four udders is in the form of a cow.
89. Pranairupakroshamalimasairva.(Raghuvansham– 2/53)
Meaning-When King Dilip felt that he would not be able to save Nandini from the lion, he said - then my Kshatriyaism would be destroyed because what is the benefit of a person with an attitude opposite to Kshatriyatva from the kingdom or from defiled lives?
90. Disbelief in bodies is indeed physical.(Raghuvansham 2/57)
Meaning-Wise people do not have faith in these perishable physical bodies, but in protecting the body in the form of fame.
91. Grace signs and fruits.(Raghuvansham 2/22)
Meaning-First the signs of happiness are visible and then the fruit is obtained.
92. The order of the daughters of the family abandoned.(Novel/Chandrapidkatha)
Meaning-Kadambari dedicates her heart to Chandrapid and says – It is the tradition of all the girls that they choose a suitable groom only with the consent of the teachers. I have broken this tradition. This is a matter of shame.
93. Defeat is also a festival for the proud.(Kiratarjuniyam 1/41)
Meaning-Defeat is also like a celebration for strong-minded men.
94. For the transgression of the worship of the worshiper binds the good.(Raghuvansham 1/79)
Meaning-Vasishtha says – Violation of the worship of the worshipable prevents welfare.
95. Resistance to coercion.(Mrichchakatikam 6/2)
Meaning-What is the conflict with the strong?
96. For the future is strong.(Novel/Chandrapidkatha)
Meaning-The promising is strong, what is meant to be is bound to happen, it cannot be avoided.
97. Strong maternal affection.(Novel/Chandrapidkatha)
Meaning-Mother's affection is strong.
98. The world does not believe in multilingual.(Novel/Chandrapidkatha)
Meaning-People don't trust those who talk a lot.
99. Bhogiva Mantroshadhiruddhavirya:(Raghuvansham 2/32)
Meaning-King Dilipa, filled with anger because of stopping the hand, whose valor has been bound by mantras and medicines, burning within himself with his effulgence, not touching the culprit (situated) near like a snake.
100. Satsadgati: What does not tell men?(Ethics Century)
Meaning-What kind of good does the company of good people do?
स [ sa ] [ sa ]1 the last of the three sibilants ( it belongs to the dental class and in sound corresponds to (s) in (sin) ) . सकार [ sakāra ] [ sa-kāra ]1 m. the sound or letter [ s ] Lit. Prāt.What is the meaning of te in Sanskrit? ›
Devanagari script form of te, which is instrumental/genitive/dative singular of त्वं (tvaṃ, “you”)What is Dinak in Sanskrit? ›
Root Sanskrit: दिनाङ्क (dinak) meaning: day of the month or year. as specified by a number.What is sa ta na ma in Sanskrit? ›
SA – index to thumb, TA – middle to thumb, NA – ring finger to thumb, MA – pinky finger to thumb.What are Sanskrit peace words? ›
शान्तिः (śāntiḥ)। शान्तिः (śāntiḥ)। Peace is called शान्तिः in Sanskrit. शमम् (śamam), शामनम् (śāmanam) are some similar words for peace in Sanskrit.What is the Sanskrit meaning of love? ›
Love is called प्रेमः (premaḥ) in Sanskrit. अनुरागः (anurāgaḥ), स्नेहः (snehaḥ) are the similar words for love.What is the Sanskrit definition of love? ›
Prema is a Sanskrit word meaning "love" or "affection." Rather than selfish love (kama), prema refers to a divine love or higher love, related to God or some form of spiritual pursuit.What does Chaka mean in Sanskrit? ›
Chaka (छक). —( nt. ; = Pali id., Childers and Geiger 40.1a; only chakana reported in Pali literature; = Sanskrit śakṛt), dung: in Mahāvastu ii.
Sparśa (Sanskrit; Pali: phassa) is a Sanskrit/Indian term that is translated as "contact", "touching", "sensation", "sense impression", etc.What is the Sanskrit name for wealth? ›
artha, (Sanskrit: “wealth,” or “property”), in Hinduism, the pursuit of wealth or material advantage, one of the four traditional aims in life.
Hinduism. ānanda, (Sanskrit: “joy,” or “bliss”), in Indian philosophy of the Upaniṣads and the school of Vedānta, an important attribute of the supreme being Brahman.What does saa taa naa maa mean? ›
This meditation uses the mantra: Saa Taa Naa Maa. Translated as Infinity, life, death, rebirth. This is the cycle of life.What is Ong Namo in Sanskrit? ›
Ong Namo means, "I bow to the Divine wisdom of All That Is." Guru Dev Namo means, "I bow to the Divine teacher within." This mantra helps center the practioner for asana or meditation practice and reinforces the connection to the Divine within and universally.What is the meaning of Om Namo in Sanskrit? ›
According to the Tarasara Upanishad, om is the divine sacred syllable that represents the nature of Brahman, the Ultimate Reality that is unchanging and eternal. Namo can be translated from Sanskrit as “to bow to” or “to pay homage to”, as well as refer to an individual's name.What is the Sanskrit word for soul? ›
Ātman, sometimes spelled without a diacritic as atman in scholarly literature, means "real Self" of the individual, "innermost essence." While often translated as "soul," it is better translated as "self."What is the Sanskrit word for positive energy? ›
Vīrya (Sanskrit; Pāli: viriya) is a Buddhist term commonly translated as "energy", "diligence", "enthusiasm", or "effort". It can be defined as an attitude of gladly engaging in wholesome activities, and it functions to cause one to accomplish wholesome or virtuous actions. Translations of. vīrya.What is the Sanskrit word for blessing? ›
Ashirwad' is a Sanskrit word, meaning 'blessing, benediction' or just 'good wishes' from an elder.What is wife called in Sanskrit? ›
Noun. पत्नी • (patnī) f. wife.What is the Sanskrit word for God? ›
Bhagavan (Sanskrit: भगवान्, romanized: Bhagavān; Pali: Bhagavā), also spelt Bhagwan (sometimes translated in English as "Lord","God"), is an epithet within Indian religions used to denote figures of religious worship.What is the Sanskrit word for pure heart? ›
Anahata (Sanskrit: अनाहत, IAST: Anāhata, English: "unstruck") or heart chakra is the fourth primary chakra, according to Hindu Yogic, Shakta and Buddhist Tantric traditions. In Sanskrit, anahata means "unhurt, unstruck, and unbeaten".
Maitrī (Sanskrit; Pali: mettā) means benevolence, loving-kindness, friendliness, amity, good will, and active interest in others.What is the Sanskrit word for life? ›
जीवनम्। Sanskrit word for life is जीवनम् (jīvanam) ।What is divine love in Sanskrit? ›
Aham Prema is a sanskrit mantra reminding us our true nature: 'I am love' or 'I am Divine Love'. It has the power to open up and clear the heart, healing and awakening uncontidional love and acceptance towards oneself and others.What is the name of miracle in Sanskrit? ›
Karishma. Karishma means "miracle" in Hindi/Sanskrit and can be shortened to Kari.What is the Sanskrit word for woman power? ›
Derived from Sanskrit, 'nari' means 'woman' and 'shakti' means 'power'.What is miracle in Sanskrit? ›
Noun. चमत्कार • (camatkār) m. miracle, wonder, marvel.What are the 3 S in Sanskrit? ›
The Three Sibilants
There are three sibilants in Sanskrit: śa, ṣa and sa. Each of these letters, like the semivowels, is pronounced by bringing the tongue near its point of pronunciation in the mouth, restricting the flow of air, but not fully blocking it. These letters are characterized by their hissing sound.
|East||Pūrva, Prācī, Prāk, Aruna|
|West||Paścima, Pratīcī, Aparā|
"without date," an abbreviation of Latin sine anno "without a year," from sine "without" (see sans) + ablative of annus "year" (see annual (adj.)).What is the meaning of sa in Latin? ›
sub anno (s.a. or sa), Latin term for "under the year" in annals which record by year.
12. Twelve द्वादश (dvaadasha)What is 500 called in Sanskrit? ›
Now, if you have got doubts for example, why dvaavimshathi(22) and dvaatrimshat(32) are this way as opposed to dve-vimshathi and dve-trimshat, you need to go to Samndhi section.What is the Sanskrit word for heaven on earth? ›
Svarga is a Sanskrit word that means “heaven” or “paradise.” In Hinduism, it is also known as “Indra's abode,” referring to the lord of heaven.What is the name of our galaxy in Sanskrit? ›
The Sanskrit name "Ganges of the Sky" (आकाशगंगा Ākāśagaṃgā) is used in many Indian languages following a Hindu myth.What is 5 in Sanskrit? ›
|Modern Devanagari||Western Arabic||Words for the cardinal number|
From Latin sine anno, meaning "without a year," indicating that a document's date of publication is unknown.What is sib Latin? ›
Kindred; kin; kinsmen; a body of persons related by blood in any degree.What is CF Latin? ›
Cf. is an abbreviation for the Latin word confer, meaning "compare." Cf. is a signal indicating that the cited source supports a different claim (proposition) than the one just made, that it is worthwhile to compare the two claims and assess the difference. Parenthetical explanations are encouraged to explain how a cf.What is sanc Latin? ›
sanc- holy. Latin. sancire (past participle sanctus) sacrosanct, saint, sanctify, sanction, sanctuary.
S.A. is the abbreviation of Anonymi/Anonymos Eteria in Greek.What does SA mean African? ›
SA stands for South Africa.